HEC Commonwealth PhD Scholarship 2021.HEC Commonwealth PhD Scholarship 2021. The Larger Training Fee (HEC) has introduced the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships to check within the UK – United Kingdom for the session of 2021.
This system is Funded by the UK Division for Worldwide Improvement (DFID), Commonwealth PhD Scholarships permit gifted and motivated people to realize superior information and abilities required for sustainable improvement, and are aimed toward those that couldn’t in any other case afford their research within the UK.
Function: To contribute to the event wants of Commonwealth international locations by supporting analysis that may have a developmental impression.
These awards will even improve particular person educating and analysis capability main to extend institutional capability in tutorial and different sectors in Commonwealth international locations, and can contribute to UK larger training and analysis by attracting high-caliber worldwide candidates and inspiring hyperlinks and collaboration.
Meant beneficiaries: Excessive-quality graduates who’ve the potential to undertake world-class analysis of a developmental nature and to grow to be influential leaders, academics, or researchers of their residence international locations.
Commonwealth Scholarships are for candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth international locations, for fulltime Doctoral research (PhD) at a UK College. These scholarships are provided beneath following six themes:
- Science and know-how for improvement
- Strengthening well being techniques and capability
- Selling international prosperity
- Strengthening international peace, safety and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Entry, inclusion and alternative
Full particulars of applications, eligibility and additional classification of themes of research provided for Commonwealth scholarships is offered at:
Advantages of the programme / FINANCIAL COVERAGE
The Scholarship will cowl the next:
- Accredited airfare from your property nation to the UK and return on the finish of your award (the CSC is not going to reimburse the price of fares for dependents, nor normally the price of journeys made earlier than your award is lastly confirmed).
- Accredited tuition charges.
- Stipend (residing allowance) on the charge of £1,116 per thirty days or £1,369, for these at universities in London metropolitan space (charges quoted at 2020-21 ranges).
- Heat clothes allowance, the place relevant.
- Examine journey grants in the direction of the price of study-related journey inside UK or Abroad.
- Provision in the direction of the price of fieldwork undertaken abroad (normally the price of one financial system class return airfare to your fieldwork location) the place accepted.
- Paid mid-term go to (airfare) to your property nation (except you’ve claimed or (intend to say) partner and/or little one allowances throughout your scholarships, or have obtained a return airfare to your property nation for fieldwork).
- Household allowances as follows:
- In case you are accompanied by your partner however no youngsters: partner allowance of £240 per thirty days for a most interval of 9 months, if you happen to and your partner reside collectively on the identical handle within the UK (except your partner can be in receipt of a scholarship; different situations additionally apply).
- In case you are accompanied by your partner and kids: partner allowance of £240 per thirty days and little one allowance of £240 per thirty days for the primary little one. £118 per thirty days for the second and third little one beneath the age of 16, in case your partner and kids reside with you on the identical handle within the UK (except your partner can be in receipt of a scholarship; different situations additionally apply).
- In case you are accompanied by your youngsters however no partner: little one allowance of £480 per thirty days for the primary little one and £118 per thirty days for the second and third little one beneath the age of 16, in case your youngsters reside with you on the identical handle within the UK.
For additional particulars, please go to.
Period of the Programme
The length of the scholarship program is 4 years for PhD ranging from Fall 2021.